Founded in 1885 at Beir Hassan a suburb of Beirut, it was moved in 1018 to the “Foret des Pins”-Pine Forest of Beirut. It is at the Résidence des Pins that General Gouraud proclaimed the “Grand Liban” in 1920.
The grounds and all the racing set-up is the property of the Municipality of Beirut, and is managed by a non-profit organization SPARCA “Society for the Protection and Improvement of the Arabian Horse in Lebanon”.
Presently, over 700 horses train on the track every morning from dawn until 8:30 am, then leaving the premises open to the public. One weekly meeting of eight races is held all year round, with an average of ten to twelve horses per race.
Bets can be laid on horses at the racecourse or the accredited off-track betting offices and facilities for betting by telephone are available by prior arrangements.